Last night was the 70th Annual Golden Globes hosted by Tina Fey and Amy Poehler. These two brilliant ladies did a phenomenal job. A true salute to girl power. I would love it if they were able to host my life. That would be more then fabulous.
“You know what Taylor Swift? You stay away from Michael J. Fox’s son.” – Tina Fey
“Meryl Streep is not here tonight. She has the flu, and I hear she is amazing in it!” – Amy Poehler
Random Thoughts Throughout the Night:
– Dennis Quaid doesn’t age. He still looks exactly as he did during The Parent Trap. He’s a complete DILF. Yeah, I said it.
– Lea Michele had an obvious fake spray tan making her look like this.
– Taylor Swift’s ice queen death glare to Adele when her song ‘Skyfall’ won was priceless. Is that the first time Taylor hasn’t won an award? She didn’t appear to be the most gracious loser. And ready for one more Friends reference? I know I wasn’t the only one who thought of this scene.
– Jennifer Lawrence, all your fans on the internet have been calling JLaw forever.
– Robert Pattinson looked like a lost puppy when presenting Quentin Tarantino with his award. He was just so shy and wasn’t sure how to greet him. I thought it was really cute!
– Anne Hathaway mentioned that she started out as the PRINCESS OF GENOVIA! A+
– Les Mis shouldn’t have won Best Motion Picture Comedy/Musical.
– All the Leonardo DiCaprio jokes online. They could introduce a “Best Lead Performance as Leonardo DiCaprio in the Life of Leonardo DiCaprio” award and Leo still wouldn’t win.
Kristen Wiig and Will Ferrel were the best presenters of the night by far. I was laughing so hard during their entire skit. I’ll post the clip right after I talk about Jennifer Lawrence since they present her with Best Actress in a Motion Picture Comedy/Musical and the video includes both parts.
Jennifer Lawrence beat both MAGGIE SMITH and MERYL STREEP which is a huge accomplishment in her career if you ask me. First of all in her speech when she said “Oh what does it say? I beat Meryl!” I would like to point out that was a joke. Some people aren’t aware but she was quoting the film First Wives Club. I love how much grace Jennifer Lawrence has every time she wins. This speech had to have been one of the ones that’s touched me the most. I swear she was at the verge of tears when she reached the part where she talks about her brothers. Let me also say that Jennifer had the flu and she still looked flawless. I agree with what Ross Matthews had to say on the matter, “If that’s what she looks like with the flu, lick my face and give ME the flu!”
“Thank you Harvey [Weinstein] for killing whoever you had to kill to get me up here today.” – Jennifer Lawrence
“I wanna thank my family. Mom, people said you were crazy for believing in me, and you did it anyway. Dad, you taught me to laugh and that has been my salvation through all of this. I wanna thank my brothers Ben and Blaine. I wouldn’t be who I am today without you being mean to me but then really supportive and loving. Constantly.” – Jennifer Lawrence
But that’s not when the cuteness stopped. Backstage in the pressroom Jennifer got confused on what to do and it was so adorable.
Just like at the Critics Choice Movie Awards, Ben Affleck won Best Director for Argo. This is when you realize who The Academy snubbed big time. Especially after winning a Golden Globe now, it’s surprising that he wasn’t even nominated for an Oscar.
One of the only consistent winners this season has been Anne Hathaway for Best Supporting Actress. No one else in that category even stood/stands a chance.
I want to end this with how I really hate that Silver Linings Playbook is put in the Comedy category. Sure it may have it’s comedic moments but it’s a serious film. The issues dealt within the movie are not a joking matter. It makes it seem like mental illness is something to laugh about when that is far from what’s acceptable.